3 Feb 2017

Never Say Never to Ambitious Dreams



We must be willing to relinquish the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.’
Joseph Campbell
Have you noticed the moment you try to take a detour around something, you end up going places you never dreamed of? Sometimes it brings you to wonderful experiences where the unexpected is your reward.

What happened here recently was that  I tried to gently nudge my readers away from this Gateway to follow a trail of inspired new posts on my website.

Intrepid blog followers are welcome to hear my FIRST story transformed into an audio narrative, Many Different Hats - link below

But I learned that readers were still enjoying the many posts here when I received an invitation from the Lighthouse Foundation for the Blind (California).

One of their staff had visited the Gateway and wanted to share the news of their recent announcement about an amazing new series of prizes aimed at changing perceptions about what blind people are capable of doing in their community.

If, like me, you can answer their first question, ‘What would you do with $25,000 to make your most ambitious dream a reality’ (Sorry, sighted people need not apply), and if you can put together a 90-second video application, then you might be interested to see how this initiative by the Lighthouse is supporting blind adventurers worldwide in pursuing their most ambitious projects yet. 
 

LightHouse Announces the Holman Prize for Blind Ambition


One of the first blind entrepreneurs who circumnavigated the globe in 1832 was an Englishman called James Holman. Widely known as ‘the blind traveller’, Holman’s adventures earned him great respect for successfully undertaking a series of solo journeys across the globe – totally blind!

In honour of his accomplishment, the Lighthouse are offering the Holman Prize to celebrate innovative people who want to shape their own future by sparking ambitious dreams of their own.

LightHouse’s initial 2017 prizes will provide financial backing for as many as three individuals to explore the world and push their limits through travel, connections, construction and communication.”

Does this sound like you?
Head over to the Lighthouse Foundation before 28 February 2017 to enter the first round of applications (via the creation of a YouTube video).

May the spirit of adventure continue to capture your heart and don’t forget to dream big, always! From audio to ambitious dreams, anything is possible in 2017.


 LINKS:

by Jason Roberts

Listen to  my Audio Story: Many Different Hats

 Wineglass Bay-Freycinet - Tasmania


 © Copyright 2017 Maribel Steel
Photography © Copyright 2017 Harry Williamson
   

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Appreciation to my father who informed me on the topic of this weblog, this website is truly amazing.

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also visit this website on regular
basis to take updated from hottest reports.

Anonymous said...

I've been browsing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.

It's pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and
bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more
useful than ever before.

Anonymous said...

Hi there everyone, it's my first pay a quick visit at this web
site, and post is in fact fruitful designed for me, keep up posting these types of articles.